Thursday, July 8, 2010

I drank two glasses of wine on the plane to Munich

This is Craig---Dana will be taking over as solo blogger as of today! Our court date went well- Sergei (our son) sat with the school official and Sergey (our facilitator/translator) sat between Dana and me and translated. About 45 minutes mostly reviewing our dossier and asking if we were able to support Sergei from a family and school perspective. Dana will add some more but we are approved and just have the standard 10 day waiting period---no worries on that.

We left court at 1:03 p.m. and had to stop by Sergei's home town's records office on the way to the airport so that I could sign some documents for his birth certificate since I won't be here on the release date and was there about 10 minutes. The airport should be a 2 hour drive and Lufthansa had said that the latest I could check in was 3:15 p.m to make my flight to Munich. Sergey put the pedal to the metal over mostly country roads. Pulled in the airport at 3:08 p.m. and Sergey (facilitator) and I ran up the stairs and got me through the gate with about a minute to spare. Whew...hence the title of this entry.

In Munich- sad to leave Dana and Sergei, but psyched to catch up with Pat and Evan. They have been troopers in this whole ordeal and will be both be home this weekend. Thanks again to our friends and family that have been their support network while we are gone.

Standard timing and flights should put Dana and Sergei home to West Chester the weekend of 7/24!

No comments:

Post a Comment